2019-5 Blog Entry List
“Sanbun,” or Saijo Industrial and Cultural Festival was held on April 29th. Our students did volunteer work at “the International Cafe.” The following are their impressions.
* I was very nervous. So I was not able to act as I thought. I had not known this festival, so now I feel happy that I was able to join it. I wll join other volunteer activities.
* Eating an African food called “Sambusa,” seeing the musical instrument. I learned different cultures. As a volunteer, by thinking and acting onmy own, I became able to look around and did my best. In the future, I would like to learn more about different cultures.
* I took part in the volunteer work of the international exchange. I talked with local residents and students from Africa. I explained about African games to children. I learned the importance of working and consideration. Also, I learned what we did makes visitors happy. I’m glad that I realized this. I want to study English more and more, and increase my own opportunities to interact with foreigners.
* It was good to be able to interact with many people and to convey the good points of East Africa. Although I was a little uneasy during my first volunteer activity, I finally enjoyed it. I want to be involved in the local activities in the future, and I want to be able to do something to make our area better.
- I was happy that many people participated in our presentation and the quiz. I want many people to be interested in foreign countries by telling them what we have learned through the UK study tour.
- I took part in the industrial and cultural festival held in Saijo. We told citizens what we learned through the UK tour. The presentation enables us to understand the UK more deeply.