On July 15th, the 2nd year students in our math and science course had a meeting and made a presentation about their research: how they worked on the project and how it would go.
On June 11th and 18th, the 3rd year students in our general course had a meeting and made a presentation about their research.
On June 18th, 3rd year students in the course of International literature and Science had a meeting. They made a presentation about their research with English summary. Several guests attended the presentation meeting, from Ehime prefectural Educational Research Center, Ehime Prefectural Science Museum, Niihama college of National Institute of Technology, and Saijo City Hall. They gave our students fruitful advice.
- Food Bank ---Comparing Food Banks in Japan and Those Overseas
- Effect of Ishizuchi Black Tea Under Mental Pressure
- Measurement of Concentration Change Using Water Solution Using Diffract on Grating
On June 11th, 3rd year students in the course of International literature and Science had a meeting. They made an English presentation about the summary of their research.
Their reseach are about:
- Research on the Method of Making Paints
- Thinking about the role of picture books ― from countries where people did not read picture books
- Effective Use of Pictogram at Evacuation Centers
- Winning strategy of multiples building game
- A Study on Energy Saving Running Method by Fluid Dynamics
On June 4th, 3rd year students in the course of International literature and Science had a meeting. They made an English presentation about the summary of their research.
Their research are about:
- The relationships between speakers' age and their use of regional dialects
- Physical strength survey of children and students in Saijo city
- To reduce long working hours - By comparing working hours in Japan with other countries
- Disaster Prevention Measures for Cultural Heritage - To Protect Cultural Properties from Fire
- Secret of Magic Square
- Improvement of Magnesium Air Battery
Our ALT made her new English Board. She has introduced a lot of opportunities in which we use English. Also she put about 60 flags to show countries that speak English.
On May 11th our school started again. We are offering reduced classes in smaller groups for the safety of students.
Shelley, our assistant language teacher, revised her "English Message Board". It is full of lovely cherry petals.
The following is a letter written by a student as a citizen of a host town, which says about the attraction of the hometown.
Ehime has "Dogo Onsen." It is a famous hot spring in Japan. Many tourists visit there every year. It is so good!
The Legend of White Heron:
Long, long ago, a white heron which had injured its leg found the hot spring. It came there to soak its leg in the spring water every day. After that, its injury was cured. People who heard about the story used the hot spring. There, they could relax and became rejuvenated. Also, sick people used the hot spring and they recovered from their illness!!
When you come to Japan, please take the time to visit this spring bath.
The following is a student's response to the topic: The person I admire the most.
The person I admire the most is Mr. Ito. The person is a junior high school teacher and an advisor of the tennis club to which I belonged. Without the person, I wouldn't have improved tennis skills as much as now. He told me to relax when I was nervous at the tournament. I like his words: "At the tournament, you can only show what you have done so far." I learned from him that if I can only do what I have done in practice, I don't have to worry too much. I took a while to get this meaning, but once I understood it, I enjoyed playing tennis very much. I also received so much advice that I couldn't write here. That is why I respect Mr. Ito.